Implementation & Benefits of Battery Energy Storage Systems
Working with our technology providers we design, build, install and commission high-efficiency hybrid power solutions for a range of applications. We adopt a variety of delivery models that provides a one stop shop for the delivery of energy storage needs incorporating;
- System Design
- Operation and Maintenance
- Long Term Maintenance Agreements,
Our solutions are custom designed to integrate with existing power systems either renewable or fuel burning to ensure the power quality and export capability are matched to the customers needs.
Benefits of Energy Storage
Our solutions are self contained, modular construction, and uses industry proven technology to seamlessly plug into an existing group of generators, in effect “hybridizing” those generators to provide high-quality reliable and efficient power.
Integrated, installed, and serviced our rugged, reliable energy products is at the forefront of this disruptive technology.
There are many applications that will benefit from this disruptive technology, with a multitude of flow on benefits to the system dynamics and quality.
Illustration of a Self Contained Solution
- Increased energy and efficiency
- Decreased consumption
- Reduced emissions
- Lower fuel and maintenance costs
- Increase quality and reliability by eliminating high load transients and optimizing generators for the power requirements
- Reduced fuel and maintenance costs by decreasing your generator runtime and improving the fuel efficiency of your generator
- Reduced capital costs by decreasing the number of generators and the size of the alternators required to support your load demand
- Reduced engine emissions by consistently operating the generators at higher power ratings and eliminating high load transients
- Backup power/blackout prevention/ride through to carry full electrical loads in case of generators fault
Applications of Energy Storage
Stored energy may be used to smooth output or ramp rate of a renewable power generation source, (wind/solar).
Using stored energy to meet peak demands may reduce network charges, which may displace the need for network infrastructure upgrades.
Using stored energy can shift power consumption from peak to off-peak times, reducing operating costs.
Energy stored may discharge or charge in response to signals from a demand response administrator or aggregator.
Network support agreements may provide additional revenue to business with energy storage.
Energy storage can provide backup power for times when outages occur, ensuring business critical power is maintained.
For business that operate a microgrid environment energy storage can be integrated and may provide the benefits of stored energy including peak shaving, load shifting and backup power supply.
Energy stored may be used to provide services to the grid in response to signals from the utility, iso, or other grid service partners, including frequency regulation.
GE have recently developed the Hybrid LM 6000 system which essentially delivers a gas turbine power plant that can be despatched almost immediately from the initiation of a start command, due to the 10mwhr BESS delivering the required energy whilst the GT goes through its start sequence, and progressively takes over the load from the BESS.